Mark your calendar for the Dash Down Division 5K on February 22, 2014.
The third annual Dash Down Division 5K will take place at The Salvation Army Kroc Center on Saturday, February 22, 2014. Whether you are fulfilling a New Year’s resolution or training for a spring race, we invite you to brave the elements and “Feel the Brrrr” at this family-friendly event. The race features a scenic run through the surrounding neighborhood.
After the run, we invite you to warm up in the Kroc Center with some hot soup, snacks, coffee and hot chocolate while cheering on children who are competing in the miniDASH kids' fun run.
Proceeds from this event are used to provide recreation-based scholarships to families in Grand Rapids. Check out photos from the 2013 race HERE.
Race Participants Receive:
- Chip timing
- Winter stocking cap
- New Balance® "Team Kroc" running shirt (additional $15)
- Kroc Center day pass (for future visit)
- Childcare for runners with children ($5 per child)
- Gift certificates from Gazelle Sports for overall winners
- Awards for each age group winner
- Door prizes
- Food and refreshments
- Race photography
- Endorsed by Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness Health & Sports
(eligible for the 2014 Mackinac Bridge Run Lottery)
Children under 12 who finish the 5K course receive a punch card which will allow additional visits to the Kroc Center. A shorter-distance miniDASH kids' fun run will take place outside (weather permitting) after the 5K event.